Ride Chartridge takes place at: Chartridge Combined School, Cogdells Lane, Chartridge, Bucks, HP5 2TW
If you are travelling by car please use the address above to locate the HQ. Please do not park on the roads close to the School or on Cogdells Lane itself – it is important that we keep these roads clear for the safety of our participants. We would also appreciate it if you do not park in The Bell public house car park.
Parking is available in the following locations:
– Chiltern Hills Academy, (Chartridge Lane, Chesham. HP5 2RG), have offered us some places in their car park. If you drive up Chartridge Lane towards the school our marshals will provide assistance.
– Chartridge Lodge, (Chartridge Lane, Chesham, Buckinghamshire, HP5 2TU), have also offered us places in their car park. Please drive past the school and continue along Chartridge Lane where our marshals will assist you.
– There are a number of car parks in Chesham where it is possible to pay & display.
Chesham station is on the Metropolitan Line and approximately 3km from Chartridge School. There is a short climb from the station to school, (it is The Chilterns!)
We have included a local map for your reference:
What to bring
Aside from the essentials: A bicycle, (recently serviced), and a helmet, we recommend that you bring the following:
– A form of identification in case of an accident
– Basic toolkit
– Working pump
– 2 spare inner-tubes
– Appropriate clothing for changeable weather
– There will be 3 well-stocked refreshment stops but you may want to bring your own food for the ride if you have any special requirements
– Bring some money for emergency purchases or to spend at the bar & BBQ
Registration opens at 07:00 at our HQ. At registration you will be provided with a number, which includes your timing chip. You will also be provided with a printed route map and programme for the day’s activities. Black Run and Black Run Extra riders will depart in groups of 20, starting from 08:00, Red Run riders will depart starting from 09:00.
We do not offer emergency medical support for the ride; if you have a medical emergency on the day you should call 999 for an ambulance. At HQ we have professional first aiders available to support you before and after the ride.
We offer mechanical support at HQ. If you have a mechanical issue on the course that you cannot resolve please dial our emergency number: 07931561633 and somebody will come to collect you.
There are toilet facilities offered at HQ. Unfortunately we are unable to store your belongings at HQ.
This ride is non-competitive and NOT a race. Please ensure that you act accordingly when participating.
– Enjoy the ride
– Challenge yourself
– Be safe
– Wear a helmet
– Follow The Highway Code
– Drop litter
– Offend others
– Impede traffic flow
– Ride in large groups in the middle of the road
There are 3 refreshment stops.
Our photography partner is Adam Hollier Photography. After the event you will be able to purchase photographs at the following website: adamhollier.co.uk.
After a long ride you can take advantage of the massage service that is on offer this year.
There will also be plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy so please bring supporters along for the after-party!
The school will again host a kids’ festival on the day, which will include a 30-foot climbing wall, a bicycle obstacle course and bouncy castles.
There will also be a number of stalls in the event village, provided by our partners. These will include a coffee shop, tuck shop, licensed bar, pop-up bike shops and event photography.
All profits will go to Chartridge Primary School, who is hosting the event.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 7th May and thank you for supporting our event. If you have any questions please email: email@example.com